Automobile or motor accidents are one of the most common things to happen every day. Injuries can major or minor. However, minor injury guidelines are essential for every citizen as they will get instructions about their next move after getting minor injuries.
As a result, many people suffer different injuries, major and minor. It causes loss of money and health- both physical and mental. That’s why to compensate and cover the losses of the accident.
The minor injury guidelines or MIG is a wonderful concept. It divides and conceptualizes the injuries into major and minor and ensures the right settlement. In this article, we will discuss all the aspects of minor injury authorized guidelines to understand easily.
Table of Contents
What is A Minor Injury Guideline or MIG?
The minor injury guideline is a set of rules and regulations which is part of the Statutory Accident Benefits is Schedule. This guideline guides who should be covered and how in case of minor injury during an accident. Suppose the losses of money and services fall in the definition of Minor injury of MIG. In that case, they will be properly settled by the insurers.
MIG is created to ensure that physical suffering is reduced as soon as possible. At the same time, it determines what and how to compensate for your loss.
What is a Minor Injury According to Minor Injury Regulation?
Defining minor injuries can be a little confusing. Sometimes, some severe injuries that have a serious effect are also included in minor injuries. That’s why MIG has classified some injuries under minor injuries that can happen after a car accident.
In general, the following are considered minor injury,
- Jaw injury,
- Pain in any form,
- A disorder associated with Whiplash,
- Partial tears ligaments (or muscles),
Some injuries are yet to be included in this category. But for now, these are the most common injuries that are considered minor.
What Are The Objectives of Minor Injury Guideline (MIG)?
The MIG objectives are-
- To ensure treatment for the person having a minor injury in a car accident as soon as possible;
- To provide financial help to compensate for the loss of health and cost of treatment from the insurance;
- To ensure the use of the highest quality health resources;
- To ensure immediate treatment access without the insurance company’s approval.
Minor Injury Guideline Fees: What Can I Claim?
Suppose you or a relative has been involved in a road accident and has suffered minor physical injuries. It is always advisable to contact a lawyer who knows how to protect your rights accurately. He will help to obtain fair compensation for the physical damage.
Read Also: How to Claim Personal Injury?
Furthermore, it is good to rely on appropriate medical checks immediately. Often and especially for minor injury damage, the pain will arrive in the following days. And it could be late, both from a clinical and legal point of view, not to certify.
Even if certain body functions have not been permanently compromised, it is possible to suffer a severe injury. Compensation for aesthetic damage can be paid depending on the scar’s severity and location on the body.
The physical and biological damage that follows the Minor injury guideline is considered here. Above MIG are considered major or severe injuries and are compensated by the insurance companies.
For a minor injury, a maximum of 3500$ is paid for one accident.
Car Accident Compensation Claim for Non-Major Injury?
If your injuries are not certainly under MIG but not permanent catastrophic, they are called non-minor injury. In case of a non-minor injury, your insurance company will compensate for your loss such as:
- Physical damage: Compensation for the injuries and injuries caused by the loss,
- Amount of rehabilitation treatments,
- Amount of necessary surgical operations,
- Aesthetic damage: in the legal, medical field, any derogatory or derogatory modification affects a person’s image. Example: burns, scars (surgical or traumatic), amputation of a limb, the need to use a cane or a wheelchair. It is an important factor when assessing compensation. That will differentiate a minor injury from a non-minor one.
- Psychological damage: One of the most overlooked aspects of those injured in traffic accidents. It is caused by serious accidents, such as motorcycle accidents. It is recognized as a sequel called “Post-traumatic stress” and must be credited appropriately through medical reports.
- Material damage
- Vehicle repair
- Helmet, clothing, motorcycle equipment
- Any object that was carried at the time of the accident and is damaged: glasses, mobile phone, watch.
- Loss of profits: It is necessary to assess how the accident’s injuries and consequences affect the victim’s financial situation. If they are unable to carry out their usual work, they need a good settlement.
Minor Injury Guideline Fee Schedule: How to Determine If You are Under MIG?
According to minor injury guideline, the following will be considered as minor injury:
- Skin abrasion/cuts
- The partial joint dislocation is treatable without surgery
- strain or/and sprain
The insurance will accept all the injuries as Minor injuries as long as you don’t prove them otherwise. To establish your injury:
- Stay calm at all times
- Take photos of the accident area, skidding on the road, car damage.
- Get medical or chiropractic care for your injuries as soon as possible.
- Keep the documents from the doctor to prove your severity of the injury
- Call a car accident attorney.
It is important to try these steps after a car accident could help your lawyer win your case to get you compensation for your accident when opening a claim.
In this article, we’ve covered the aspects of minor injury guidelines and its objective. Generally, an attorney will evaluate your case and can give you a basic idea. So, we recommend contacting a specialist to handle your case. He will be able to ensure a good plan to determine the injury and severity. It is an essential component to determine injury according to minor injury guidelines.